If you’re in need of a console cable but don’t have a serial port on your computer, this bundle is the perfect solution to your problem. Simply attach the USB-to-Serial cable to the Serial-to-RJ45 rollover cable and you’re well on your way to being fully connected! The console cable is identical to those shipped with Cisco switches, firewalls, routers, wireless devices and more. It works with both new and old Cisco gear. Most users will find use of the standard Windows Hyperterminal or some other terminal emulation software to access the Cisco IOS through the console port.
** Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/7/8, Mac OS9.0 and Linux. Not compatible with Mac OSX.**
PLEASE NOTE: This is a non-OEM product and is not manufactured by Cisco.
- Connects USB 2.0 to RJ45 Cat5 Ethernet port via one console cable and one RS232 cable
- Compatible with Cisco routers, including the 600, 800, 1600, and 1700 series
- Console Cable Length: 1.8 m (approximately 6 ft.)
- RS232 Cable Length: 0.81 m (32 in); total length of approximately 8.5 ft.
- Package Contents: 1 x USB to RS232 Serial Interface Cable, 1 x RS232 9-Pin Serial to RJ45 Cat5 Ethernet Cable