1. Full support for Windows, MAC and Linux, see the detailed list below. 2. Microsoft (HCL) certified to be compatible with Windows, no CD needed because the drivers are part of the OS distribution. 3. Supports hardware flow control used to implement the CISCO break sequence. 4. FTDI FT232R chip + RS232 Level Shifter. 5. RJ-45 DTE Pinouts RTS(1), DTR(2), TXD (3), GND(4), GND(5), RXD (6), DSR(7), CTS(8) 6. UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity. 7. Cable length is 1.80m (6 feet). 8. USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- This Cisco console cable work on configuring a links’s router with a Mac Pro osx, already had it hooked to a Mac book pro running Sierra. Works great for console connections, but you must still provide your own configuring software. Use a free version of putty for Mac to access the CLI but others use various GUI apps. Linksys is Cisco’s SOHO consumer grade brand, just make sure that the router is a managed one rather than having to utilize their HTTP based configuration utility.
- This Usb to Rj45 work with for Windows, Microsoft (HCL) certified to be compatible with Windows, no CD needed because the drivers are part of the OS distribution.Windows 10 will install it automatically. Windows 7 you will need to download and install a driver on line, http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm.
- Support with Ubuntu namely Linix XP, 2000, Mac OS, breack sequence,
- FTDI FT232R chip + RS232 Level Shifter.
- Please note:this cable is sold specifically for use with Cisco routers or switches. The pin-out may not match other devices as there is no standard for pin connections or levels for RS-232 on RJ45 8 pin modular connectors.